A sweet and delicious treat for people of all ages, pineapple is a tropical fruit that offers many health benefits for seniors. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese, and a protein-digesting enzyme called bromelain, all of which can help:
- digest protein more easily;
- reduce inflammation and swelling;
- alleviate sinusitis, sore throat, arthritis and gout;
- protect your body from the damaging effects of free radicals, which can lead to atherosclerosis, diabetic heart disease, asthma and certain cancers;
- maintain good eye health and protect against eye diseases such as macular degeneration;
- enhance immune system functioning;
- protect against flu and colds;
- prevent nausea, constipation, and high blood pressure;
- discourage blood clot development.
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Pineapple salsa is a great way to enhance chicken or fish, or to eat with chips. This pineapple salsa recipe incorporates a host of healthy foods, including onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers.
Watch this video to learn how to make this adaptable pineapple salsa.
Discover more interesting facts about pineapple in Cleansing Water, Inc.’s March 2013 newsletter.
Nutritional Help for Your Aging Loved Ones
As people age, their diets often suffer. If you are concerned about your aging parents’, grandparents’, or other loved ones’ diet(s) and would like to ensure that they are getting adequate nutrition to maintain their health and their strength, Cleansing Water in-home caregivers can help. Our highly-trained and compassionate geriatric care manager, nurses and in-home companions can monitor your loved ones’ diets, recommend ways to improve diet, and cook meals for your loved ones in the comfort of their home.
For more information about our in-home health care and geriatric care management services, call Cleansing Water, Inc., (540) 341-0212 or toll-free at (800) 941-4809 or (866) 294-4665.
Cleansing Water, Inc. is a Warrenton, Virginia home health care agency serving seniors, individuals recovering from surgery, individuals with long-term disabilities, and other clients throughout Fauquier, Culpeper, Prince William, Rappahannock and other Piedmont Virginia communities. We provide in-home companions, certified nursing assistants, and geriatric care managers to assist with the tasks of daily living, monitor health and medications, and ensure clients are well cared for, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.