Are you — or someone you know — recovering from surgery and in need of short-term home health care?
Perhaps you — or someone you know — has a chronic illness or health condition that requires longer term in-home health care services.
When evaluating your in-home health care options, it’s tempting to search for — and hire — the lowest cost provider(s) you can find to minimize the financial strain on family budgets.
But when a loved one’s health and well-being are at stake, it’s important to ask the right questions before hiring a home health care provider.
The checklist below will help you choose the best home health care provider(s) for your situation who can provide quality, affordable home health care services.
Home Health Care Agency Checklist
- Is the Agency licensed by the Virginia Department of Health?
- Are Agency caregivers employees of the Agency?
- Are Agency caregivers sub-contractors of the Agency?
- Does the Agency maintain a commercial business office?
- Does the Agency have emergency contact after hours?
- Does the Agency have current Professional and Liability coverage?
- Does the Agency have current Crime and Fidelity coverage?
- Does the Agency have the capability to provide transportation while providing hours in the home?
- Does the Agency have current hired and non-owned vehicle insurance?
- Does the Agency have current Worker’s Compensation Policy?
- Will assessments be done by a Registered Nurse?
- Will client supervisory visits be done by a Registered Nurse?
- Will client supervisory visits be done every 90 days?
- Has the Agency been in business for more than 10 years?
- Does the Agency obtain State Criminal Background checks on all caregivers?
- Are Agency caregivers allowed to handle client’s money?
- Is a Client Care Plan written before a caregiver is sent to the home?
- Is coverage available if the regular caregiver calls out sick?
Cleansing Water, Inc., is a home health care agency licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. We provide home health care services throughout the Northern Virginia area and maintain a commercial business office in Old Town Warrenton, Virginia.
All of our home health care nurses and aides are employees of our agency. That means you can be confident that all Cleansing Water caregivers are covered by Cleansing Water’s professional liability insurance and have passed State Criminal background checks. You will also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your caregiver(s) will be well-trained, professional, capable, trustworthy and competent to care for you or your loved one in the security and comfort of your home.
It can be tempting to hire an independent, unlicensed caregiver to reduce the costs of in-home health care — but what will you do if your caregiver decides to take a day off, or gets sick and can’t come to your home? Who will you turn to for back-up coverage when that happens?
When you retain Cleansing Water as your home health care agency, you have an entire professional staff available to you — and that means you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if your usual caregiver has an “off day,” your home health care agency will have qualified substitute care available for you when you need it.
Home health care can range from medical care by a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Professional Nurse, to light housekeeping help. Cleansing Water can help you evaluate your real needs and develop a caregiving management plan that is best for you.
For more information, or to discuss your options for home health care, call Cleansing Water, Inc. today, at 540-341-0212 — or email firstname.lastname@example.org.