If you or a loved one need in-home nursing care, you will probably be researching several home health care agencies to find the nursing care you need.
How can you tell if the home health care service you are thinking of hiring is a good one that you can trust to take proper care of you or your loved one?
Start by doing your research and asking questions. A reputable home health care agency will be happy to answer these questions and more to your satisfaction:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Are your in-home nurses and caregivers employees of your agency or independent contractors?
- Do you perform background checks on your caregivers?
- Do you take out payroll taxes on your caregivers?
- Who will be supervising our caregiver and what are their qualifications?
- What happens if my assigned caregiver can’t make it? Do you provide substitute caregivers when necessary?
- Do you provide continuing education to your caregivers? What kind of continuing education do they receive?
- Do your caregivers have specific experience caring for: dementia patients, alzheimers patients, people recovering from surgery or injuries, new mothers, infants, people with chronic disabilities, etc.?
- Do you provide end-of-life care?
- Do you provide wound care?
- Do you provide medication management?
- What kind of housekeeping and/or transportation services do you provide?
- Do you have RNs and CNAs on staff? What kinds of training and credentials do your caregivers have?
- Do you provide workman’s compensation to your workers?
- Do you accept insurance? Can you help us prepare and submit insurance claims for your caregiving services?
- Do you only tend to your clients’ physical needs or do you also attend to their mental, emotional and spiritual needs as well?
See also: San Diego Home Health Care Interview
If you are in need of in-home nursing, light housekeeping or companion care, Cleansing Water, Inc. can help. We are a fully-licensed and insured home health care agency providing compassionate in-home health care, nursing and companion services for seniors and other individuals throughout Fauquier, Culpeper, Rappahannock, Prince William, Loudoun and Warren Counties, Virginia. We have CNAs and trained caregivers available for short-term respite care as well as long-term in-home care. For more information about our services, call us at (540) 341-0212 or email email@example.com.