Are you evaluating health care options for an elderly or senior member of your family? Do you have a family member who is recovering from surgery or has a chronic health condition requiring long-term care?
In-home health care by a licensed home health care agency can offer families the following physical, mental and emotional benefits:
1) Convenient Professional Care Delivered in the Comfort of Home
Given a choice, most seniors and other individuals requiring short-term or long-term care prefer to remain in the comfort of their own home. A licensed and reputable home health care agency like Cleansing Water, Inc. can create long-term care plans that meet each individual’s needs on many levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. In-home health care provides a greater level of personalized and caring attention, and enables seniors to retain their dignity and a level of independence that may be sacrificed in assisted living facilities or other caregiving environments.
2) Simplified Caregiving
A licensed home health care agency can simplify your life and give you greater peace of mind by providing a single point of contact for all your caregiving needs. You will save time and energy not having to deal with multiple providers for nursing, housekeeping, meal preparation, and necessary errands. Licensed home health care agencies have qualified, trained employees on staff who can provide the range of care you need, when you need it.
3) Professionalism and Peace of Mind
A licensed home health care agency will provide a professional level of care that will give you peace of mind. You will have the assurance that each caregiving employee has passed background checks and meets all state-mandated educational and training requirements to provide top quality care to your family. Hiring an unlicensed provider can endanger your family and your loved one(s). Unlicensed providers may call in sick at the last moment, or fail to show up at the expected times. When you work with a licensed home health care agency, you are assured that you are in safe hands, that your caregiver is well-trained, matched to your caregiving needs, and will deliver responsible care as agreed, on time and on schedule.
In-Home Companionship and Care Services
An in-home care agency can provide a range of in-home companionship and care services tailored to the specific needs of the individual and the family:
- Conversation and companionship to provide comfort and social interaction at meal times and/or other times of day
- Meal preparation: nutritious meals that maintain health
- Light housekeeping: vacuuming, dusting, dishwashing, tidying up, light housecleaning
- Grocery shopping: with or without the client
- Respite care: an opportunity for family members to take a break from assisting senior members of the family or other loved ones in need of care
- Medication reminders: make sure the client takes all prescribed medications at the right time; assist with opening medication containers and reading labels
- Dressing assistance: help with daily tasks of grooming, buttoning clothing, tying shoes, putting on socks
- Incidental transportation (during a regularly scheduled home care shift) to doctor appointments, barbershops, beauty salons, shopping, or other destinations
- Laundry services: washing, drying, folding, putting clothes and laundry away
- Recreational activities: play card games or board games, accompany on walks, assist with crafts or hobbies, accompany to church or other places.
- Communicate with other family members: provide updates to all family members concerning the loved ones activities and state of health; answer any concerns or redefine services that may be needed
- Ensure safety: monitor clients when they are home alone to ensure they are safe; respond to summons for help as needed
Cleansing Water, Inc., is a home health care agency providing in-home respite care for families and professional caregiving for seniors and other individuals throughout the Northern Virginia area. We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and maintain a commercial business office in Old Town Warrenton, Virginia. We offer a full-range of home health care services, including geriatric care management by a Registered Nurse, round-the-clock care by a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or full-time companion, and as-needed companionship and light housekeeping help.
Cleansing Water’s home health care nurses and aides are employees of our agency. That means you can be confident that all Cleansing Water caregivers are covered by Cleansing Water’s professional liability insurance and have passed State Criminal background checks. You will also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your caregiver(s) will be well-trained in the latest Alzheimer’s professional care practices, and are trustworthy and competent to care for you or your loved one in the security and comfort of your home.
When you retain Cleansing Water as your home health care agency, you have an entire professional staff available to you and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if your usual caregiver has an “off day,” we can provide qualified substitute care when you need it.
For more information, or to discuss your options for home health care, call Cleansing Water, Inc. today, at 540-341-0212 — or email firstname.lastname@example.org.